By RICHARD LINDSAYThe first half century of the 19th century saw the dawn of the modern marble sculpture.
By the mid-20th century, the art had become so widely adopted that it was no longer a one-off, singular piece of art but rather an integral part of the cultural landscape.
But while this period is generally acknowledged as the golden age of the American art world, the past few decades have seen the marble sculpture landscape come under attack.
In the last few years, as a result of the rise of social media, a proliferation of high-profile statues of statues and other works of art has been targeted by critics.
The backlash has become more severe, in part because of the rising cost of art and the loss of value that goes with it.
Some critics believe that the public’s fascination with marble sculptures is the cause of the attack, as marble is so much more widely seen in popular culture.
In his new book, A Look Back at the First Half Century of the Golden Age of the Art World, journalist and former National Park Service official Brian S. Gartenberg looks at the history of marble sculpture and the impact it has had on the art world.
The book also addresses the backlash against the art, including by those who feel that the monument to Abraham Lincoln should have been destroyed.
Here are some of the questions that have been asked about the monument, and the answers that Gartenburg provides.
What happened to the marble statues?
What was the public response to the statues?
Did the public react to the monuments by going out to buy them?
The monument was erected in 1913 by a group of private individuals, including a group known as the American Marble Collectors Association (AMCA).
The organization, which includes artists, sculptors, and landscape architects, was created to promote and protect the natural and cultural heritage of America.
The AMCA, which is headquartered in San Francisco, was formed by two private citizens, Harry M. Blanchard and Joseph L. Rieger.
Blancard and Riegers owned the American Stone, Marble and Wood Company, which produced marble, stone, and stone furniture.
The firm was incorporated in 1869.
Blancheard and his wife, Alice, were well known for the quality of their marble.
Their marble sculptures were well-known for their intricately carved patterns and ornate decorative designs.
The company was founded by Thomas Blanchards in 1872.
In 1915, the Blanchars were arrested for tax evasion and charged with embezzlement, which was the largest tax evasion conviction in U.S. history.
The case was thrown out on appeal in 1921.
The Blancharts settled the case for $500,000 in 1931.
In 1926, the National Park System (NPS) commissioned Blancheards to build a monument to the Confederacy.
In a letter to the NPS dated November 26, 1927, Blanchears explained that the new monument was intended to be a memorial to all Americans who fought in the Civil War and who, like their father, believed in the sanctity of life and the pursuit of happiness.
The monument included a sculpture of the Confederate flag, which depicted a blue-and-white Confederate flag with a white eagle flying above it.
Blanches wrote that he hoped the statue would “remind Americans of the sacrifices and bravery of their Confederate ancestors.”
In addition, the monument included four bronze statues of Confederate generals: George B. McClellan, William T. Sherman, George H. McClyllan, and William Trenchard.
The statues were designed by Frank O. Follis.
The sculptures were commissioned by the National Association of Colored People (NAACP) and included a bronze sculpture of Confederate general John C. Stuart.
The statue, designed by William F. McArthur, was dedicated to General Robert E. Lee.
McArthur’s statue was a monument of his own, erected in 1924 to honor his father, Confederate general Robert E Lee.
The sculpture included a white and gold flag with an image of a flag-draped coffer of General Lee and a red-and white shield.
In an effort to distance itself from the Confederate battle flag, the sculptor made a statement about the history and meaning of the flag.
The statue was designed by Harry F. MacArthur and built by George O. Macdonald.
The monument included three bronze statues honoring the Confederacy’s leaders.
The first statue, dedicated in 1926, was of General Robert T. Lee and his son, Robert E., who was later to become the Confederate general.
The other two statues were of Robert E.’s daughter, Emily Lee, and her son, William.
The sculpture was made by Frank J. McRae.
The McRays, whose family has owned the firm since the mid19th century and were once known as McRabs, were a prominent Chicago real